Ria Winters is a Dutch historian, writer and artist. Her artistic career started off with drawing
Main art exhibitions:
and painting and was later complimented by an academic history study,which lead to several publications.
Ria combines her authorship and artistry with her day job at the University museum Allard Pierson
at the University of Amsterdam.
Her subjects are natural history and voyage in early modern time with a special interest in the Indian
Ocean and South Africa. She is an avid traveller and uses photography as a visual memory.
Ria and her family reside in the Dutch town of Amersfoort.
- 'Exotische dieren in historisch Amsterdam', University Library, Amsterdam - 2017
- International Parrot Symposium, Tenerife - 2014
- 'Erik of het klein insectenboek' - Naturalis Biodiversity Center, NL - 2013
- 'Artists for Conservation' - Grouse Mountain, Vancouver, Canada(group) - 2012
- Artis library, Amsterdam (solo) - 2012
- Blue Penny Museum - Port Louis, Mauritius (duo) - 2011/2012
- 'L'Animal dans l'Art '- Paris (group) - 2009, 2010, 2011
- 'Artists for Conservation'- Hiram Blauvelt Museum, NJ (group) - 2009
- 'Art and the Animal' - Neville Public Museum, WI (group) - 2008
- 'Art und Vielfalt' - Museum fur Naturkunde Magdeburg, Germany (group) - 2008
- 'Small works, big impressions' - The Wildlife Experience, CO (group) - 2007
- 'Art and the Animal' - The Wildlife Experience, CO (group) - 2007
- 'Birds in Art' - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum of Art, WI (group) - 2006.
For further information please contact email@example.com