"My motivation and inspiration comes from the natural world, at places close by and far away. My paintings and photographs
are a result of a love for nature and a curious mind."
Born 1959, Netherlands
Resides in Amersfoort, Netherlands.
- oil on canvas or panel
- watercolour on watercolour paper
- Nikon D200
- 'Artists for Conservation' - Grouse Mountain, Vancouver, Canada(group) - 2012
- Artis library, Amsterdam (solo) - 2012
- Blue Penny Museum - Port Louis, Mauritius (duo) - 2011/2012
- 'L'Animal dans l'Art '- Paris (group) - 2009, 2010, 2011
- 'Van Texel tot Mauritius' - Galerie Oog voor Natuur, NL (trio) - 2010
- 'Artists for Conservation'- Hiram Blauvelt Museum, NJ (group) - 2009
- 'Oog voor overleven' - Galerie Oog voor Natuur, NL (group) - 2009
- 'Art and the Animal' - Neville Public Museum, WI (group) - 2008
- 'Art und Vielfalt' - Museum fur Naturkunde Magdeburg, Germany (group) - 2008
- 'Small works, big impressions' - The Wildlife Experience, CO (group) - 2007
- 'Art and the Animal' - The Wildlife Experience, CO (group) - 2007
- 'Birds in Art' - Leigh Yawkey Woodson Museum of Art, WI (group) - 2006
- 'Art and the Animal' - Nevada State Museum (group) - 2005
- Artists for Conservation (AFC)
- Society of Animal Artists (SAA)
- South Africa
- U.S.A. several parks and states
- Svalbard (Spitsbergen)
- "A Treasury of endemic fauna of Mauritius and Rodrigues" / Christian le Comte
Publisher, ISBN 978-99949-30-11-1, 2011
- Illustration in magazine "Vogels" of the Dutch Bird Protection, 2012
- Column "Passion" in Folia Civitatis of the University of Amsterdam, 2012
- Best of World Wide Landscape Artists / Kennedy Publishing - 2010
- Annual book Art of Conservation: Report of Expedition to Mauritius - 2010
- Parrot Magazine: "Spix's macaws" - 2009
- Parrot Companion Magazine: Highlight of Parrot Art - 2006
- Wildlife Magazine Ukraine: Article about the Andean Condor - 2005
Ria mainly paints land and watercapes, pet portraits and parrots. She has been drawing and painting from early childhood.
Animals and birds were always her main subjects. She is a self taught artist but after getting private training
became more accomplished in her techniques. Reference material is collected during her study trips. Besides being
an artist she is also an accomplished photographer.
In 2009 she was granted a fellowship of the Artists for Conservation Foundation to make flag expedition to Mauritius.
More information about this journey is on the projectpage of her other website www.parrotsinart.com.
To view the handwritten jounal of this expedition please go to Handwritten journal.
Her first book "A Treasury of endemic fauna of Mauritius and Rodrigues" was recently published.
It is available at:
- the museum bookshop of the 'Special Collections' of the University of
Amsterdam, Oude Turfmarkt 129, Amsterdam
- the Artis Library, Plantage Middenlaan 45, Amsterdam
- the bookshop of Naturalis 'Natuur en boek', Darwinweg 2, Leiden
- Algemene boekhandel, Leusderweg, Amersfoort
- the Blue Penny Museum in Port Louis, Mauritius.